Black History

Black History
I had no idea history was being made. I was just tired of giving up. -Rosa Parks

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Micah Loves Chips...and Their Creator!


George Crum invented the potato chip. George was just a normal guy when one summer, the summer of 1853, he was employed as a chef at an elegant resort in Saratoga Springs, New York. One dinner guest found Crum's French fries too thick for his liking and rejected the order. Crum decided to make his guest mad by producing a slice that was too thin and crisp to skewer with a fork. The plan didn’t really work; instead, the guest loved the browned, paper-thin potatoes, and it was so good that other diners began requesting Crum's potato “chips.”
Personally, I love potato chips, so I am so thankful for him. There are a lot of people I know who couldn’t live without potato chips. People should be more grateful and appreciative towards Mr. George Crum, but most people don’t even know who he is.
To learn more about George Crum, check out the Glogster I made all about him!  http://willow310.glogster.com/glog-4302/
-Posted by Micah B.

No comments:

Post a Comment